How to use the Vivint Smart Hub in your Springfield smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home security system as it connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into a single united system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touch-enabled panel places you in full charge of your Springfield home’s security and automation. Learn more about what it can do and explore suggestions to get you started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the central command interface for your home. You may arm or disarm your system, program lights, change thermostat settings, and more. When integrating a doorbell camera, you may even speak to whoever’s at your front door. The Vivint Smart Hub includes built-in cellular connectivity and a backup battery to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you complete remote operability via the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or saved footage from your connected security cameras
- Arm and disarm your home security
- Toggle lights on or off
- Close or open your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Talk directly to your monitoring center
You can do even more with your Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield by setting schedules or establishing preferences. For example, you can have your smart thermostat adjust automatically nightly at a certain time. Or, you can incorporate preferences like having your front door unlock when the smoke detector goes off.
Steps for arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you delve into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can perform, you’ll have to understand how to arm and disarm your system. It’s simple - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the main screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present inside your home and arms all sensors except interior doors and motion sensors.
- Away signifies you will be leaving, and all sensors in your home will arm.
- To disarm, simply slide down the shield icon and enter your PIN.
You’ll see a notification if something is preventing the system from arming. To illustrate, an open window will cue you to take action. Note that you can still arm the security system by following the above steps. You will then confirm you wish to ignore the sensor that isn’t ready.
Adding users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Springfield
Even though various users can be set up during the initial installation, you will probably want to add another user at some point. Here’s how you can.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right of the main screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Touch “Add new user” near the bottom.
- Select “Name,” enter the new user, and hit the Next button.
- If you want to give the user remote capability, select email or phone and enter the details to deliver an invite.
- Touch Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, simply proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you would like to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Do you want to take command of your home’s security and automation with an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Springfield home security system. Dial (413) 277-7517 to learn more.